Relocating to Winston Salem usually means that you need to downsize, due to property costs. And with downsizing, moving to a studio apartment might prove to be quite challenging. Some of the apartments might be in hard-to-access places and some expertise is required. Luckily, movers Winston Salem NC have plenty of experience and all the necessary tools for the job. If you enlist their help, your relocation is going to go much more smoothly. But even with their assistance, you will need to properly prepare for the move. And that is what this article is going to talk about. We are going to provide you with a solid course of action for your relocation.
How to prepare when moving to a studio apartment?
Here is a small list of things you might want to do:
- Get rid of unnecessary items and bulky furniture when moving to a studio apartment
- Rent a storage unit in advance
- Pack and relocate some of your belongings on your own
- Contact professional movers
Get rid of unnecessary items and bulky furniture when moving to a studio apartment
First off, you need to be aware that all your large furniture is a liability in a studio apartment. Those items “eat up” space like nothing else. The same goes for all the items that you almost never get to use. Getting rid of them will allow for greater comfort. Best Bet Moving and Labor recommends dealing with these things as soon as you can. By doing so, you will be better able to organize the space in your new home.
You may need to order some furniture custom-made or to buy some new pieces before you move in. If you want to recoup some of the cost, you can always sell off the items that will not be going with you.
Rent a storage unit in advance
But there is another option. You can always rent a storage unit and store your extra belongings there. Actually, having storage space that is not within your apartment is probably your best bet. Studio apartments are not known for their size, after all, and storing will allow for greater flexibility.
There are many types of storage units and you need to see which one is the best for you. For example, if you will be storing plenty of items that are adversely affected by humidity, climate controlled storage Greensboro NC is your best option. Otherwise, you can go with an ordinary unit. Just make sure to look into these units before you set the proverbial wheels into motion. You will have a lot to think about in the few days before and after relocation, you might not have the time to deal with storage units.
Pack and relocate some of your belongings on your own
You don’t need to have movers relocate all your stuff. If you want to keep the costs low, you can always move some of your items on your own. Simply pack a few boxes into your car and bring them to your new apartment. Or if you don’t have a vehicle, ask some friends to help you and pack several backpacks. The more you are able to transport, the less you will have to pay for your relocation.
Just make sure that you do not overdo it, though. Saving money can get quite addictive and you may get well in over your head. Avoiding moving injuries needs to be at the forefront of your thoughts. After all, if you succumb to an injury, it might cost more to treat it than what you’ve saved. Be reasonable and conservative and everything is going to be alright.
Contact professional movers
The best way to make your relocation a lot easier is to hire a professional moving company. There are many companies that have ample experience in the area and will make your move a lot less stressful and taxing. You can also ask them a lot of questions that concern moving, free of charge. We love hearing from you and hereby invite you to contact us with all your questions and concerns. Our team will make sure that you are on the right track regardless if you hire us or not. Because that is what professional movers do, make your relocations easier!
What are the advantages of moving to a studio apartment?
With all this fuss, you may be swayed from even relocating to a studio apartment. But there are some serious benefits to it, like:
- Lower Bills – Smaller space means lower utility bills. Most of the utility companies charge by the square foot, after all. By having a small studio apartment, you will be able to save quite a bit on these fixtures.
- Affordable rent – Renting a small apartment is obviously a lot cheaper than renting a full-size home. There are many apartments available for rental, starting as low as $600! If you are in between apartments, renting a small one might be the best thing for you to do.
- Good location – Most of the studios are located at prime positions. This is their greatest appeal. Living inside such an apartment means that you will have easy access to all of the most important amenities. Definitely not something to overlook!
- No roommates – Living in a studio means that there is no room for roommates. Which brings an unparalleled sense of privacy. Where you might have had to go with a roommate in a bigger apartment, renting a studio one will not be under such constraints.
- Minimum maintenance – Finally, maintaining a small apartment is much easier than maintaining a large one. There is less to vacuum, fewer spaces to dust off, etc. You will be finished with your chores before you know it! If you have never lived in a studio before, you will be amazed at how little there is to do!
Moving to a studio apartment is not for everyone, though. But for those of us who can appreciate everything they have to offer, they are a great solution.