Winston Salem is a place that just keeps on giving throughout the entire year. It is one of the few places that is perfect for people that enjoy the fresh air and liberty, while still living in an urban surrounding. After you’re done working with one of the excellent moving companies in North Carolina, it’s time to relax and enjoy. The city itself isn’t a huge tourist attraction, but there’s still plenty of fun things to do in Winston Salem. And this December is no different! Whether you enjoy shopping, exploring the outdoors, fun events, museums, or theaters, you will surely find good entertainment here. Even though people associate spring and summer with fun social activities, that isn’t where the fun ends. On the contrary! There are so many fun things to do in Winston Salem this winter, and we’ll tell you about a few.
The fun only begins when the snowflakes start falling
From Christmas festivals and themed theater plays to cozy cafes and amazing museums. There is a certain charm to Winston Salem, but it becomes so much more magical when winter arrives. If you’re thinking of relocating to this lovely city, we wholeheartedly support your decision. All you’ll need to do is find yourself a team of professional movers, and start packing. It’s no secret that moving can entirely drain a person of energy, so these fun activities will be a great way to recharge your batteries after the move.
Here’s a couple of things to do in Winston Salem which you will absolutely adore
It will take quite some time to explore everything this city has to offer through the seasons. As seasons change, so does the scenery, and with it, the activities available to you. In this text, we’ll focus on the things you can do in the city this December that will surely bring warmth to the heart and soul.
If you want to quickly reach this winter wonder, look no further than moving companies Winston Salem to get you here safely. There’s no specific order to our list, but you’re more than welcome to make your own pick of favorites after reading it. Then, all you need to do is take your sweet time and explore these events and give in to the holiday spirit.
Christmas in Winston Salem is truly a sight to behold
During the Christmas season, the city becomes a true winter wonderland. What you can expect, are the unforgettable sights and sounds of over 260 years of holiday tradition. The month of December is filled with tradition, delicious and ample Moravian food, and the opportunity to make unforgettable holiday memories with your family.
- Every holiday season, the stunning countryside of Tanglewood Park transforms into a glistening wonderland with over a million twinkling lights. The Tanglewood Park Festival of Lights is open every night from 6 to 11 pm. Running from November 16th to January 1st, it offers visitors a chance to bask in magnificent lights, while enjoying cheery festive music. Some of the compositions are originals, made by the UNC School of the Arts. Strolling through the snowy countryside, you can experience nearly 100 stunning displays.
- There aren’t many Christmas tales more famous than the legendary Nutcracker. And this is where the UNC School of the Arts comes in again. Their rendition is so beautiful, that its vivid staging and lush score are now a holiday tradition in Winston Salem. This year, for safety, The Nutcracker can be experienced as an online performance, available from December 17th to the 25th.
- Even tho this event isn’t occurring in December itself, it is still too good to ignore. It is also a great overture to the amazing holiday spectacles. Held in the last week of November, The Piedmont Craftsmen’s Fair is an incredible display of skill and beauty. Here you can see glorious craftsmanship from the Southwest’s finest artisans. If you’re looking for a holiday gift, this is the perfect place. Presented with rows of beautiful handmade jewelry decor, you’ll have a hard time picking just a few things.
There are plenty more things and venues to warm the heart and soul
Even though the holidays are the focal point, you can still visit some venues which aren’t directly Christmas related. This doesn’t mean they are unworthy, however, as their charm only grows during the snowy days. Explore the city of Winston Salem, get in touch with its cultural heritage, and even explore some delightful treats. And if you’re eager to get here and enjoy, do everything in your power to speed up the moving process. Christmas is, as they say, the time of giving. So give yourself some time, and explore these winter gems.
- The Old Salem Museums and Garden were restored by the locals back in the 1950s as a community project. Through the years, a wide variety of historic buildings were preserved so visitors have a chance to revel in their beauty to this day. Located in the Historic District, the museum allows you to tour, shop and even eat, all while you’re learning about the historic and cultural significance of Winston Salem. You can either take a guided tour or freely stroll at your leisure, taking in a glimpse of the past.
- If you’ve ever dreamed of visiting an actual chocolate factory, you can do just that if you visit the Black Mountain Chocolate Factory. Located in the downtown area, it is one of the fun and delicious things to do in Winston Salem. The factory is available to the public, and it is the perfect way to reduce stress after a cross-country move. You can join a guided tour and learn about how the factory was made, and get to know the process of making delicious chocolate. If you have a sweet tooth, you can buy some of the factory’s products after the tour.